tiistai 20. lokakuuta 2020

The Song

 

 

 

Ever since December 20th he was the talk of the town. Previously all the nosy rumors had been about neighbour's love affairs and mean bosses,  but ever since then the stories of the small town were filled by the handsome young man.  

                   I heard he sang good songs and dressed well. Blonde hair shining in the snow. This peaked my interest, and so I went to see him. The rumour of a singing young man never leaving the market was all around the town, so it wasn't that hard to locate the famous blonde. 

                  And there he was, in all of his beauty. Standing in the snow unphased by the surrounding world, singing. His smooth voice filled the snowy market with comforting warmth. The crowd around him grew bigger by the minute, but he didn´t seem to notice them at all. It was as if he saw right through them and kept on singing, voice flowing in the wind just like his long blonde hair. 

               All that he said in his songs, every word, note and syllable felt incredibly personal. Like each and every letter was meant just for me.  Like he had made the song entirely of what he found inside my head . I felt a little flushed with fever, thinking we  

might´ve met before. I knew we hadn´t, but listening to his smooth voice filled with regret and misery, it did feel like that for a while. 

               The following day I made my way to the office and saw, that the young man was not singing in the market like usual, but instead standing silent, brown eyes staring into nothing. I found it peculiar but didnt pay it much attention. 

                The next day he wasnt seen at all. Neither was the day after that. 

 I dont believe in god, but i´d say he is the closest thing to an angel i´ve ever seen. 


Kirjoittaja on 8B-luokan oppilas

Taiteidenvälinen opetus: Ruokaa!-näyttely 8.10.-8.11.2024

Ruokaan liittyy monenlaisia muistoja. Ruokaa tarjotaan tärkeissä tilaisuuksissa, lohdutukseksi ja kun on aihetta juhlaan.  Ruokaa ja elämää...